Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hybrid Hitch

Dutch

A few members have emailed me with questions about my hybrid hitch (I wonder why at this time:D). Anyway, here are some more photos for all to see. The Kubota hitch had an idler, but to make the unit more compact, I cut it off when I mounted this on my 18hp Sovereign. I fabricated a backside idler by mounting a pulley on an arm and attaching it with a long bolt . I used PVC pipe for spacers (easy to cut and play with adjustments). Now that I know the proper lengths, I’ll replace the PVC with steel. The spring simply hooks over the tractor’s front frame. If I don’t replace the Kubota bearing, I intend on modifying this hitch to mount the Simplicity snowthrower (Yes, it works that well). [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hbh1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hbh7.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hbh8.jpg[/img]

Dutch, What size steel is that you used for this hitch? 1/4" X 1 1/2" ?. I'm in the process of making a hitch for the 314 to mount the 42" blower.

quote:
Originally posted by KSever
Dutch, What size steel is that you used for this hitch? 1/4" X 1 1/2" ?. I'm in the process of making a hitch for the 314 to mount the 42" blower.
Kris, I used 3/8" x 2"

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Dutch, did you ever find your bearing for the Kubota blower?
Bob, I checked with two local houses and three Internet suppliers. No good. So I bit the bullet, spent $160, and ordered them from Kubota.