Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Found what I believe is an HB-112

Brent_Baumer

Hi all. Found what I think is an HB-112. It has been repainted and has no decals but is a hydrostat and has a hood like the B-110 and 112, not the b-200 series. It was parked in the middle of a bunch of other tractors and the hood was off and laying on the seat so I didn't look at the gear box and hydro. Really couldn't get that close to it. Questions. If it is an HB-112, does it have a Vickers hydro? If so, does that era of Vickers have the leaking pintle shaft problem like my Sim. 3416H does? Also, what type of gear box should it have - older b-series style or 700 series clutch style? Finally, I only see a couple of HB tractors in the gallery, are these fairly rare? Might consider buying just to have, not really to work with much. Thanks, Brent

If it's an original HB-112 I would restore it but leave everything original!! If you want to hack one up I'll trade you a regular B-112!! From what I have seen these are desirable tractors to get ahold of. $1200-$1700

Original HB's were equipped with the Vickers Hydro's. Yes, they leak like all the rest. The Bevel Gear box would be the older style just like the B-10's. The PTO would also be like the 1967 B-10's. I don't think the HB-112s are all that plentiful. Wouldn't be a bad collectors piece if bought cheap enough to afford the work needed.

Thanks guys. Couldn't talk to the Owner today, only one of his cronies. He said they've had it for a long time and it is for sale but he didn't know the asking price. May try to go back tomorrow and get a better look. Brent

Brent and Sam, I have a HB212, which I believe (except for hood) is the same as the HB112. The HB212 and B212 have the larger input shaft on the BGB. Yes, I like to think anyway, that the HB's are more rare than almost anything else. My HB212 is my first tractor, and of course the one that got me "hooked". I now have 10 and it isn't enough!

Well, called the guy this morning. Said he wants $550 for it. Comes with a 42" deck and snow blade. The bad part is that it has not been started in about 3 years but claims it ran when they parked it there (inside a garage). The paint job on it looked good, just no decals. I have dealt with these guys before and they have always been 100% honest, but still $550 is a little much for me on this machine. If anyone else is interested drop me an email or PM, or I could buy it for you and trade you for a 7000 or 7100 series Sim or 700 or 900 series AC. Brent

Brent, My 3012 had been sitting in a barn for maybe 5 years or so before I got it. All I had to do was clean the flywheel and rebuild the carb. Just lucky maybe? I gave less than $450 for it and 10"plow, 48" deck, cultivators w/belly shovels,46" heavy duty blade, 48" deck, front & rear counterweights and two sets of wheel weights. All this from a Simplicity dealer that took it in on trade. Maybe you can work him down some more. I'm thinking around $350-$400 would be fair since you can't check out the drive train. Just one opinion! Larry Oh yeah Brent. I run from Madison to Auburn almost every day, how far are you from my route?

Larry, I'm about 20 minutes from Road 3 between New Castle and Muncie and about 45 minutes from I-69 Just north of Muncie. About 5 minutes from Road 1. Don't know your route from S. to N. If you're looking at a map I'm real close to the intersection of Road 1 and 35 or the Intersection of 35 and 36. Brent

Brent I run I-69 out of Indy up to Auburn and make a fuel stop at Daleville on the way back in the afternoon. Maybe we can get together sometime and talk tractors. Larry