Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

May have lead on Onan engine swap for 720,620,9020

I have just returned form the SE Ag. Expo show in Ga. (largest one in Southeast US) and made a point to look up the Onan reps. and bent their ears on our problems with Onan parts, expense, and lack of general help with our tractors. Anyway, I have gotten a factory rep. to agree to come to my home in Ga. and look at my tractors to see what Onan can do about coming up with a new Onan engine swap that is both reasonable and workable. Will LET YOU KNOW when we get the info. but may be a bit in the future. Stay Tuned!! Could light at end of the tunnel!. RoyG

We have seen the AC/Simp. Power Max series that have been converted to 22 hp Kohlers from Onan. The conversion was pretty neat and simple. But the CCKB's were one of the best engines ever put in a garden tractor.

Roy, I'm sure anxious to hear what the Onan rep. has to say. This should be very interesting to say the least.Thanks from me and I'm sure other club members for taking the time to research this problem. Keep us posted!!! Thanks again, Floydster

• 8 months later...
Roy, I thought I was alone with this Onan CCKB dilemma PLEASE KEEP ME ADVISED Thanks So Much, Bill Petrey Phone 800-437-2894 Ext. 685