Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Workin it out.....7016

Been working in a pine grove this winter..about 65 trees, limbed them up to about 12 feet so i could watch the field from house. After piling up boughs,by hand, and burning, I finally figured cause the grounds froze I could put the sov to work...Worked out great! just small enough to get in between rows, couldnt use anything bigger. Was impressed with the power of this little unit. Personally I dont think you really know what youve got till you put a pair of tire chains on. Check out the pics.....

Doug, Nice pics. looks like the old 7016 is really getting a workout,8D I think you're right about the tire chains, just can't get enough traction without them. I know I could sure use a set. The pine grove looks really nice.^

Mike, Amazing little tractor....whats more amazing, I didnt dent anything on it. It was actually alot of fun since ive had no other jobs for it most the winter like those folks out east that are snappin belts and pushing banks. Doug

Doug, I just found an old set of tire chains and got them cut down to fit the 917, wow what a difference that makes8D^ Don't have to do near so much pushing as before:D Now for some more weight.....:D

Looking good Doug!! Fun to play with these things! Looks like it would have been a good job for the New Holland also! May have backed into a few trees with that though!!