Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is this?

Chris727

Chris, Looks like one (total of 6)of the lift arms to raise the mower deck on a mtd lawn tractor.;) or the mower deck lift on a MF. I have a few of those mtd tractors sitting out side in the back field. Karl:D

Hi Chris, I would say you have a piece of 1/2 plywood, sitting on a gravel driveway, weighted down by a red piece of metal. And...I think I see a dead leaf, too. :D

Art, Your Superman? You must have x-ray vision to be able to tell the thickness of that plywood. Are you Superman? or is that just what you tell the ladies. MadMike

quote:
Originally posted by MadMike
Art, Your Superman? You must have x-ray vision to be able to tell the thickness of that plywood. Are you Superman? or is that just what you tell the ladies. MadMike
quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Yeah, it is 1/2 inch plywood. :D
Mike, I think Art is kidding about being Superman (but, I'm not sure). Art's a conservative. Before he said it was 1/2", Art probably analyzed the photo carefully. The flatness, the grain, the shadows. Conservatives don't ordinarily make statements without having facts. I learned a long time ago that conservatives are usually right. :D

The reason for my question in regards to Art being Superman is that a short while ago I was driving down the highway at about 70 MPH. The truck in front of me had a somewhat small piece of plywood fly out of it's bed and as it flew past me I determined that it was in fact a sub-grade of 3/4" plywood, I could tell this because it appeared to be about 23/32" of an inch. Now mind you, I had a perfect edge view presented to me as it flew past so determining thickness was pretty easy. Art on the other hand had only the plan view, so he must have x-ray vision, and as we all know, only Superman has x-ray vision. How's that for analyzing. MadMike

Rod H., No thanks on the digital calipers, if it does happen again I may need a new windshield though, or bail money depending on wether I catch the guy or not. MadMike

Stoneheartfarm
quote:
Originally posted by MadMike
or bail money depending on wether I catch the guy or not.
You will stand a better chance of catching him if you don't stop to pick up the plywood first. Steve