Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 620 tiller

cranemech

Evening All, I have a quick question on a 48" tiller for my 620. The Id tag says P/N 1661168. I've searched the what fits and the X-reference charts and have been unable to locate that P/N. I did D/L the manual for tiller P/N 1600199 and they look identical. What gives? BTW is gear lube acceptable for the gearboxes? Thanks for the help, Chad

The only two 48" tillers I see listed are the #1600199 and #990696. I don't see anything listed with a #166nnnn. Could your #1661168 be an obsolete Allis number?

Evening All, Dutch: I'm beginning to think so. I need to replace the tines on this unit. I went to a local supplier today to see what they had, but they were unable to match up anything for me. Part of the problem is that the previous owner ground the tines down so far I don't know the original dimensions. We were reduced to matching up bolt patterns. Someone told me that the original tines were still available at $ 9.00 each. I'm just trying to see if I can pick them up local. Thanks for the reply, Chad

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
[quote]Originally posted by cranemech
Someone told me that the original tines were still available at $9.00 each.
They're right. There are 14 RH tines (172511) and 14 LH (172512). Both list for $9.00 each.