Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"Your opinion's please" on what a Simplicity 7014

Karl_Brandt

Man these tractor's just keep on coming don't they. I have a chance to buy a 1979-7014 Simplicity Baron in "mint condition" and I mean it. This tractor has the shuttle drive trans and has the 32 cubic inch engine that the carb has been rejeted for a output of 16 hp. The shuttle drive is in "great shape-works super-bevel gear box has almost 1/4 play in it-the engine burns no oil and run's like a top. There are no oil leaks anywhere and even the front wheel bearing are like new as I personally checked this tractor out. The dealer let me take the tractor home for a few days to give it a look and see. The paint -well could use some touch up but the decals are in great shape. The tractor also comes with a 48" mower deck which all spindels are tight and blades have been replaced along with all belts. The dealer owner is a friend of mine to whom I can trust and a member of this club. So what do all of you think this tractor is worth???? Thanks for any input you are willing to pass on to me. Normally I can tell what is a fair price but my friend is leaving that up to me and I don't want to be unreasonable one way or the other. Best to all->happyjack<-

I don't like the 'almost 1/4" bev box play!Sounds like it's getting close to rebuild-time!I would mention that to your friend and negotiate a price concerning that.$500-$800 in my humble opinion.BTW the swimsuit on backwards is a scream! dlc

I should of said that the play in the bevel gear box is while turning the pulley before the gears engage not side to side or up and down or round and round get it.. I hope this makes a difference-And how would you like that sweetheart swimming with you in your "POOL"?? And where's FREDDIE????? >>->happyjack<-<<

Hi Joe, that should of been 1/4" play when shaft is turned or 1/8" each way before gears come into contact with each other. Thanks-happyjack