Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cylinder bracket for hydrolic lift

mwells

I was wondering if anyone out there knew if it is very hard to find a bracket for a hydrolic lift system on a B-10. I have a hydrolic lift system but am missing the bracket that bolts to the gearbox to hold the cylinder on. I can't find on anywhere. If anyone has one that they don't need please reply to this topic. Thanks

Michael, That makes two of us that need the rear bracket for the hydrolic lift, I just bought a lift that doesn't have one with it, I'm thinking of making one, If I get it figured out I could make you one too. Let me know...:)

My dad had a HB-212 with the lift on it that he used for tilling. He took it off but left the speical drive shaft and pulley on it. He then traded it off for a 1613 Duetz-Allis. The guy who bought it traded it back in for something else. I was going to buy it but one of our mechanics needed a knew mower so he bought it. He said if you want to you can switch drive safts with me some day. I didn't look to see if the bracket was still on it or not. So there mite be on in it. If we can find any we mite have to make one. Thanks

powerking_one
Mike, All I can say is very, very, very good luck on finding one of those hydraulic ram rear brackets. I searched so high and low for one in a six month period it's not funny. Finally, Bill at Sandy Lake Implement agreed to sell me one for a tidy some of money. I sure would like to know where all these missing brackets are (out there). I ping'd all the best most well known tractor bone/grave yards out there looking for the little beast. My Landlord 2110 had a very poor welded up mess of a bracket someone had fabricated, not to mention the X-Y-Z dimensions were all off about 3/4" ! If you want, I could 3D scan the bracket for you and take some exact measurements of it for possible fabrication/reproduction. Been down this road, Tom(PK)

powerking - im in the same boat - ive searched everywhere for one of those brackets with no luck - as im sure many people have - they are kinda like big foot many people claim to have seen one but no one can actually produce proof of the actual existance of these elusive cylinder brackets - i need two - and plan to cut and weld some up soon - they wont be pretty but it seems to be my only option - dose anybody know of what it might cost to have one sandcast and poured at a foundry ? we used to do it in junior high metal shop - pretty easy stuff it you can get ahold of a blast furnace to melt the metal for pouring - just a thought

powerking_one
Jason, I too thought that the casting/foundry reproduction idea seemed like an option. The original looks like cast steel (same material as the tranny case and BGB). Cast aluminum might not be tough enough. Tom(PK)

I'm going to try and make one out of steel, I know where I can borrow one to use as a pattern, I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.