Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

46 inch Dozer Blade Hitch - comparison

Dutch

Who ever asked about the difference in the FDT & an RBT remote angling blade hitches, I got mine dug out. The hitch for the RBT is 2.5" longer than the FDT hitch. The location and angles of lift arms are different. The control linkage is different to provide hood clearance. The RBT is built slightly heavier (notice the double thickness of the trip stops). The RBT hitch has anti-ride up ears. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hitch-seq.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/link-seq.jpg[/img]

dutch i think it was me that was asking about this topic, thanks for taking the time to take the pics. i have a dozer blade from my 3112h and i was wondering if i could adapt it to fit my new sovereign and still be abel to use it on the 3112h. i think i will have to try the blade on the new machine and see what would have to be done to adapt it. thanks john

I have a Wheel Horse blade that I adapted several years ago to fit my 61 Wards. It fits both the Wards and my 1977 AC 716, with lift rod set at same length for both set-ups. Currently I don't have the angle mechanism set up to work from the seat. I have to go to the blade to change it. In other words, if your blade is one of the longer units, it should work on both.

rodney i am not sure but from the pics of dutch it appears that the blade i have is the one depicted with the "yellow" blade in dutche's photos. I think i will have to do some adjusting but i will see come the weekend.