Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Non-running tractor Follow-up

IronPony

Arrived at a very nice Minnesota farm in Clay County at about 0945. Left at about 1045 with this - [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/howlanddm/DSC00091.JPG[/img] It is a Ford 145 with a Kohler K321AQS engine that had a new block in 1989 but still smokes. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/howlanddm/DSC00092.JPG[/img] It has a hydro tranny and hydrolic lift for the mower deck. Also has an electric PTO clutch. All in all it has been used a lot and shows it. But the rear wheels and tires are worth the $50 I paid for it:) I am a happy camper. I will be able to use a lot of parts off the engine and then sell the block. Anyone needing any parts off this thing should PM me. I can get the SN for the tractor but only the last 3 or 4 of the engine SN are readable. Some I will give away for the cost of shipping. Club members ONLY need apply. Dan

Hi Art, Ya, it might just need rings but it has not been run in several years and the gas petcock was on and there is some liquid in the gas tank. Battery was flat and I just did not want to try to start it. The base of the engine is the small base and will not bolt on my 712 so I think I will try using what engine parts I can to go along with the K301 large base block I bought on eBay and see if I can make an engine out of the two blocks. What do you think? Will some of the parts interchange between the two blocks? Dan

Hi Dan, The guy at the sled shop has a sister to that machine that's snowbound and belongs to a customer. The customer wanted it fixed (2 yrs ago) so it would mow, but too much rot in the deck for repair. He says it runs(k321). The cust wants $100, I offered $50. He's pretty sure they'll take $50, so I'll be watching for your follow up posts, I've got another month or 2 before the snow melts and it's accessible...

The Ford 145 lawn mowers were built by jacobson they also built a 100, 112, and 165 whach was the the bigest. we had a 165 for years untell it scirted a piston it need the block re bored so we had to get rid of it. they were a great tractor and if it isent to bad ya might think of fixing it up.