Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homesteader implements

stumpy

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much in the way of X-references and info on the Homesteader 8 (at least when compared to the dictionary-like knowledge found on this site in reference to the B-112 <G>). Since the little devil is kind of my "bang-around" rig, I'd sure like to find a small deck and snowblower to complement the blade I modified for the front. Can I safely assume things are about the same as on a 208? The pto set up for the front is so simple and functional it seems a same not to use it. How about blowers/decks off of a simplicity, maining which tractors use a similar set-up, if any? Thanks much

Bob, The lack of info is because of three primary reasons: 1. I haven't been able to find it... 2. I have no personal knowledge of these tractors, though I did pick up a running gear for my neighbor to use for parts... 3. They are not a direct equivalent with the Simplicity Broadmoor models, since they were made by Allis-Chalmers in the Lexington, SC plant (similar to the bigger 300 and 400 series), during the period where the anti-trust action was pending. The information that Simplicity provides themselves is limited because of that.... It's not an intentional bias, just a lack of info. I'd personally love to have one in good shape.

I have run 3 different decks on my homesteader8. I used a homelite 36" deck all last summer. The summer before I used a 36" deck from a simplicity727 broadmoor. The broadmoor's deck is exactly the same as a B-208 and B-207 deck. The early summer that year I had used the original deck but stopped using it because a pulley rubbed up against the deck covers so I just put the broadmoor deck on it because it was sitting around ready to go. Any deck from a broadmoor 707-5008 should work ok. If you want a deck just like original, then you would need to go with a deck from a Homesteader 8 or some of the pivoting frame homelites but I think only the 36" decks work correctly. Hope this helps. I know nothing of the snowblowers. -Chris

The Homelites that used a deck identical to Homesteader8's are the Allis built T-8 Homelites. The deck from a Simplicity built T-8 will work but wouldn't be like original. If you were really ambitious I think you could rig up a 42" or 48" from a Landlord/Soveriegn to fit. I think there was an adapter kit. The 42's were used on a 5010 broadmoor and a 610 allis. Personnaly I don't think an 8hp Homesteader would be big enough for a 42" but you never know. If you use a deck that isn't from a Homesteader you will probably need a different lift chain. Hope this helps. -Chris

Bob, I think Chris is right about the mowing decks. A 32" snowblower for the Broadmoor and Yeoman should be right. Like a 990882 or a 990562. Download parts and implement manual here: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_3790_01_XX_A.pdf