Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wrong color followed me home!

JDSnyder

Today I was given a Cub Cadet 102 in several pieces. It came with a dozer blade, mower deck, and snowblower. What could I say for free? I enjoy tearing down and restoring different makes. It allows me to compare the enineering styles. This Cub Cadet has some really heavy duty components like the frame, tranny, clutch and grille. Other things seem puny like the front wheel spindles,steering linkage and lift mechanism. This may be the tractor I put a front loader on though. It has a full length frame instead of mounting to the front of the BGB or tranny. In comparing different makes, I'm still really impressed with the Simplicity. I have 7 tractors now; Landlord 101, JD 110, 4 Wheel Horses and this Cub. Jeff Snyder [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/jdsnyder/CubCadet.JPG[/img]

Isn't it odd? Some guys can go through their whole life and never have a GT follow them home and then there are others who appear to be like a magnet to these old peices of iron.

Jeff, IMHO Cub Cadet and JD used to make some good equipment. They never had the roller deck and the cut that Simplicity did, but the quality was there. Too bad they had to change.

I recieved a cub 102 last December. I bought a manual for it and did a quick diagnosis, from what I could see it needs a heli-coil for the spark plug. It has a spark and the previous owner put in a new gas tank. With a little luck I will get the cub running this spring. Good luck, John H

Hello Jeff, Awhile ago I was given a Sears Craftman 12 hp tractor with snowblower & mower deck.All the tractor needed is the steering fixed,a few used parts and some new parts and four hours later the was running. Karl

John, If you hadn't wanted that Cub when he offered, I guarantee that it would have followed me home.

You folks can have your Cub 102's. Horrible machines to work on and ruined my lawn the year I mowed with it. My 2 cents,