Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tecumseh Manual Source?

JayM

Has anyone found a site on-line for Tecumseh engine manuals? Unfortunately, Tecumseh is not nearly as friendly as B&S. The Tecumseh corporate site doesn't give the owner/tinkerer much help. Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me to an on-line parts list for a HH150.

I'm taking a class on rebuilding gas engines. I'm rebuilding a B&S model 19, but a guy in the class is rebuilding an old Tucunseh. He called Tecumseh and they sent him the info he needed.

Stoneheartfarm
I never could find an online site for free Tecumseh manuals. I ordered mine from "Tulsa Engine Warehouse." They shipped it and I had it in 2 days. That is after waiting 3 weeks for a local dealer to order it for me, (it has now been a year and a half and the dealer still hasn't called.) I also ordered parts from them and was real happy. Steve

Karl_Brandt
I have never seen any online manuals for Tecumseh engines.:( I have old manuals for all the old Briggs & Stratton engines. I am also working on a B&S model 19 that I just bought for my Simplicity 725 tractor. Karl

Thanks, Dennis and Steve, for the suggestions. I live less than 10 miles from the old Tecumseh plant in Grafton, WI where many of the older engines were manufactured, and for several years was involved in managing contract training programs for the production workers there. Unfortunately, in Tecumseh's recent major downsizing, those employees are gone and there is no manufacturing of any kind in Grafton. (Means my contacts who may have been able to hook me up with sources of manuals, etc., are gone, too.) Sure hate to see the disappearance of experience, technology, and quality that often goes along with buy-outs, corporate reengineering, downsizings, etc.

Stoneheartfarm
Jay, I'm not sure, but I think some of the older engines may be current production outsie the USA. I was able to get rod, piston, rings, valves, etc for mine with ease. Both OEM and aftermarket, and the stuff was in stock. Steve

Stoneheartfarm
This is a general manual and not one specifically for the HH series, but it is currently on ebay. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2310760623&category=20544[/url] Buy it now $12.95 plus shipping. Seems like mine might have been a little less than that but specifically covers only the OH series. Steve PS. I just found a second listing for the same thing by the same dealer for $1.00 less.

While searching yahoo for the Sears Club I ran across the Tecumseh owners club. You may want to check it out.

Stoneheartfarm
I'm running an OH160 and I have the manual. It appears that my manual may cover your engine. Was there a specific question you need me to look up? Steve PS. On eBay, do a search on Tecumseh. That $12.95 manual is available for $7.95 which is about what I paid for mine.