Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Not sure I'd admit this, in public anyway...

Kent

Not that I'd have any reason to.... Check the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2311038073&category=20544

I once took a Sears lawn cart I got out of a guys junk pile, painted it green with yellow wheels and put a wood floor in it . Took it to a local auction and got something like $140 for it.....

wow i guess i shouldnt feel stupid for wasting a day by putting an electric spout motor on my 42" blower LOL

I've got a 1976 Ford pickup out back. Maybe some new paint and a few Mercedes emblems.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Like JP said-WHY?! and "wish I had the time"-this guy obviously doesn't have to worry where his next meal is coming from...

Dan, Maybe so, but he "killed" my theory. I was thinking that JD Green paint must cost about $1,000 a gallon -- that's the only way I could justify the price difference. But, it must not be the cost of the paint... ;)

Gee, 7 bids, with the current one @ $5.50. The seat is worth more than that... Wonder what it'll go for...? Tacey

Marion_Kerr
Ford Verses Chevy. I will admit Ford does have an option that Chevy doesn't - a heated Tail Gate. That way, your hands don't freeze to it in the winter while pushing. (JUST KIDDING!!)

Brent_Baumer
A few years ago there was a guy at the Greenville, OH "Farm Power of the Past" show who had a bunch of lawn tractors - all identical craftsmen I believe - painted like Mineapolis Moline, Farmall, JD, Case, Massey, Oliver tractors and a couple more if memory serves. Looked pretty cool all in a row there even if they were fakes. He did a nice job on them. Brent

You have to admit, he did a really good job of disguising that Craftsman tractor, I bet some people without knowing what it really was would be fooled. Todd Martin

Why not?!?! If he took it to a local auction he'd probably get $750. for it from some wet behind the ears suburbanite. Seriously though, he did a nice job.

I'm sure Kent would rather not admit it, but, I know for a fact he has a tractor disguised with green & yellow paint. Any progress on that project Kent? :o)

Tom, Please don't ruin a classic Ford! It would be horrible to make something american foreign[V] They look so nice! -BradW

John(RI), I've managed to keep my two tractors that had been spray-painted green (Simplicity 700 and AC Big Ten) well hidden under the barn, where they're relegated to being parts tractors. I've just sold the Simplicity, but plan to hold onto the Big Ten since it has hydraulic lift... I'm certainly not painting tractors green in order to "show them off" -- instead I keep the ones that others have painted green well hidden from sight... :D