Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Any Onan Gurus?

McGill

You will be very lucky if the Cummins/ Onan parts man can find his backside using both hands! Not only did I work for the local C/O distributor in the power generation division, But I still buy a lot of parts there and I find that if you don't have a part number to give them they are lost as a w**# in church. The BF was used in a lot of genset applications and if you have not seen it you better check to make sure it doesn't have a taper crank shaft instead of a straight keyed one. I think the BF also is aluminum where the CCK is cast iron. I would try to find an established small engine shop that has been around for some time. And ask their mechanic. If you do not have an answer by the weekend drop me a line and I will see if I can dig out some of my old service info. At the very least I should be able to come up with a spec sheet for both so you could compare them.