Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign Tractor

MikeDAmico

Hi guys i have located a 99 Simplicity Sovereign,it still in good condition,i think dutch posted something about this awhile back but is it compatible with some of the older attachments (the newer sovereign)Also,it doesnt say on the simplicity website but would the attachments that are new such as the loader,and decks work on this if they were bought new because the machine isnt that old? any input appreiciated..mike

mike i just got not to long ago a 2k sovereign brand new/old stock many of the attachments from my 3112h sovereign fit with little or no modification, my 42" single stage blower, my 36" tiller and my 46" dozer blade all fit. The blower and blade did requior some modification but for the most part some of the older attachments will work. What did you have in mind to try and recycle? Also does the 99 you found have a rear lift kit? to use a tiller you will need that (rear lift kit) and a pto drive kit whch new is about 200ish for both. As far as putting say a legacy front end loader on to one of these i dont think you can do it without significant modification to the loader. If you have any other ?'s feel free to post them here or pm me john

The newer style Sovereigns do not have the front engine PTO for the snowthrower. All of the attachments are powered from the center PTO. Therefore, an older style snowthrower requires a different hitch, mfg. #1690557. Simplicity also changed the idler pulley setup which hang below the PTO. On the new style Sovereign, to change between the mower and snowthrower, one idler pulley has to be changed from one mounting tab to another. This is due to the change in plan view angle of the PTO belts between the mower and snowthrower. My Simplicity dealer has been successful in converting an old style snowthower to work on a new Sovereign. He said it is a trial and error method. Also, you will require a new PTO drive belt. The new style Sovereign uses a long belt, part #1666798. The newer style Sovereigns also have a side mounted hydro transmission filter. The 36" tiller, mfg. #1690039, will fit but you will have to have the rear PTO drive kit, mfg # 1685225 to your tractor. The kit includes a pulley which re-routes the PTO belt past the hydro filter.

Bill ,Would you have any pictures of your tractor with snowcab on it?Would like to see what it looks like because i would like to buy one for my 1999 Agco918.Do you have any pictures with your other attchments that you could post?I have a snowblade and 48 inch deck for mine.Would like the rearlift but when dealer told me $200.00 that has been the factor on on me not buying one.Thanks,Agco918

Actually 42" snow blade, 36" & 42" single stage thrower, snow cab, 42" & 48" mower, 48" turbo, 36" tiller, power steering kit, tire chains, rear lift kit, suitcase and wheel weights are listed in the back of the price book under "prior model accessories" - but I don't know for how long - probably until factory stock is depleted. I wouldn't wait too long.