Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

dieselman

I saw a 919 at a sale to day with a 36" rotatiller & 42" deck. It brought $500. But I dont think it was a true 918. The rear end looked like a 700 series because of the location of the oil filter and the way the belt titner was. also it didn't have hydrolic lift it had a short luttle lever on it. It had a Koler 18 HP engen in it. I was just wondering what you guys thought about it.

The 919's came standard with the hydraulic lift with the lever on the left side. Early on and for a while the 900 series tractors did have the hydro filter under the tractors like on the 700 series. All of the 900 series had only one of the PTO idler pulleys on the idler arm under the tractor. The other Idler pulley was set in a groove on a bracket fixed to the tractor frame. Was it an 18hp twin or one of those 18hp overhead valve single cylinders like they put in the 700 series?

I don't know for sure about the 919, but the first 917 (early 1979) came with manual lift, with hydraulic an option. By 1980 the hydraulic lift was standard. The oil filter did not move to the side of the transaxle until 1983? It could of had a M18 in it to replace the KT19.

Karl_Brandt
I have a AC 919H with a 48" mower deck. I bought the tractor form a friend,who bought the tractor from a repair shop who did not how to the drive shaft back on the engine. This tractor also has the front PTO for a snowblower. Think a 19hp and a 42" snow blower will keep up old man winter?:D:D [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/AC/Image095.jpg[/img] Karl

Karl_Brandt
I have to check the bevel box on this tractor,the repair shop it came from does know how to work on these tractors.;)(bevel box turns to hard,has a new driver shaft) The tractor is missing a few parts but is worth fixing.;) The bigger tractors are harder to find?:D Karl