Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Onan repower besides honda ? Any ideas ?

schaefer72

hi - i just aquired a second simplicity powermax today - minus engine - $200 bucks !! - i have read all the previous post about the honda repowers - i presently cant afford to shell out $1700 or so for a new engine - what other engines have people used - new or used - anything cheaper ? - will pretty much any engine with the same crank size work as long as you can mod it to fit engine conpartment and clutches ? - thanks alot

Maybe you could find a used Honda motor. I thought in the DIY section someone used a briggs motor? Check out ebay or the small engine warehouse. If it is a slow project, save up the money or?? good luck -BradW

You could also try to find a good used onan. Now that people are doing re-powers on these tractors, the original motors are becoming available. my 2 cents. Jim...