Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A little "Time" can do wonders for appearance

PeppyDan

Just got a clock for my workshop from a local flea market. I wanted an electric(120v) because my workshop isn't heated. The battery operated clocks always seem to randomly stop in the cold. I could only find this "girly" clock in electric (has anyone tryed to find an electric clock lately) and wasn't about to have it hanging in a "mans" shop. So out came the photo albums, on came the scanner and a photo quality printer, a little paint for the hands and in a short time came a clock worthy of hanging in my shop. Hope this gives some others ideas on workshop decor! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/PeppyDan/Girly%20clock.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/PeppyDan/Mans%20clock.JPG[/img]

Very nice technique Dan. Know what you mean about battery clocks & cold. You sure turned the looks of that clock around. Nice job!

Real nice. Think I'll try that. Wish the club had simplicity patches to sell. They would be fun to wear on work overalls.

noo shop clock there i say LIVING ROOM !! But then again i am not married yet so i am a 100% majority LOL nice job are the numbers on the face stuck on or are they printed?

DAN,Great Job as always.Have one clock with a Wd45 WIDEFRONT in Tractor room,now You have given me a idea of making a Clock with my Agco918 on it.Please tell us what you had to do besides take the picture and so on. You should make a sideline bussiness for real. CHAD

I have been selling clocks for about 2 years as a sideline. Have not made any plug in clocks yet all have been battery powered. I set up at toy shows and threshing shows and either take pictures or scan pictures that people bring. Below is one that was picked up yesterday. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/BruceF/Hart Parr Clock.JPG [/img]

Dan: Great job! How did you put the numbers on? I agree...sell those bad boys on ebay, and charge more to use people's own photos on them! Peter

To make the letters easy, you could purchase some transparency film that is used for overhead projectors when giving presentations and briefings. This film is made for both laser and inkjet printers. Just print the numbers on the transparency and lay overtop of the picture. Quick and easy, and all done by computer.

:o)Sorry to all for not replying to your questions earlier than now. Shortly after I posted this I came down with a nasty flu bug that hung around for a week. By the time I got over that spring was here and I have been just ignoring the computer. Now onto the questions, Bradw I did use photo paper on it, roma3112 I printed the numbers on it, which took a little time in getting the spacing just right, Steve it took about 4 hours to do, I could have got done in a hour if I wasn't so damn picky:o), chad I scanned the photo in and adjusted the size to fit the frame, added the numbers, and printed it. I then used the original(I knew it was good for something)to trace around and cut it to fit. Then I used rubber cement to glue it in, and painted the hands with white paint(the second hand was already orange), then finished assembling it. HubbardRA great idea to use transparencies, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks to everyone that praised my work, just wanted to get other members minds working on how could do similar things. Dan

Great job on the new clock !! I have a battrie operated clock on the out side of my tool shed, It faces the northwest, Has never missed a beat......Iowa can get preatty cold at times.....Dave