Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

No Juice - ideas?

Tuffy, If this tractor has points,and I assume it does,disconnect the two wires at the breaker point box.That will tell you if you have an ign. sw/grounding problem.If you still have no spark,change and adjust to a set of REAL Briggs points and cond., no copies please!If those things don't fix the prob.,,,you're looking at eng. removal to test/replace the coil! not a fun job!BTW Magnetron ign. on a points eng./flywheel WON'T work as the polarity of the flywheel is wrong for the Magnetron sys.Good Luck! dlc

Tuffy, the 7112 has a Kohler engine right? You might want to check the circuit breaker behind the battery. And also the connection in the wiring harness where the engine connects to the wiring harness. Lots of luck, R.C.

Tuffy, Something simular happened to me the other day. I turned the key on my A/C 716 and nothing happened. It turned out to be a corroded (bad) connection to my amp meter. Once I cleaned things up a bit the electrical system again works fine. Good luck Phil D

Tuffy, I don't know if your tractor has a safety switch on the gear shift but I had that switch go open on a 3212 Simplicity and it caused the same problem you have. I just wired it out of the circuit. Tim

I am getting no spark, no power to the coil of my 7112 Simplicity tractor. I can jump the starter to make it turn over, but of course it will not start. Could the ignition switch be bad? How can I isolate this problem? Tuffy Update - result: R.C. had it right !! The problem was the circuit breaker. I love this club!!