Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor run Weather report

SmilinSam

For those travelling west on tractor runs this weekend you will pleased to hear that the central Illinois weather forecast is calling for 60-70 degree teperatures, partly sunny and dry. Its in the upper 40's here so far. The doors on my shed are all thawed out and working now. Started organizing the winter mess inside of my tractor shed...... I'm gettin in the mood to play with my "Toys"!

Sam, even up north it will be in the 50's this weekend. The 8 inches of snow will be a real mess by Monday.

Seventies here in VA too. Can't play with tractors, have to fix broken car. Too much tractor stuff in garage, had to put cars off till good weather outside.

Traveling west on Tractor run. Is that like a Motorcycle run? Alot of miles in a short time. Now who would be crazy enought to travel 2700 miles in 72 hrs for a tractor maybe 2 maybe more. Off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of tractors. West bound and down and a short time to get there.

50s and 60s for NW Ohio, sounds like good tractor run weather,8D even better shop weather^ Two tractor scattered all over the shop,[:0] need to get them out of the way so as to get ready for spring planting.:)

Thanks for the update Sam.... Supposed to be in the 50's and rainy here on Sunday... 50's for the first time since October or maybe early November. Sounds like we may have to drive through the front on Saturday though... As long as it isn't snow or ice, I'm happy! BTW, guys, I guess we can use this topic as "official notice" that Maynard and I will both be "off-line" this weekend, along with our "relief driver" Rob Baumuller, as we make this long "tractor run".... Behave yourselves! I'm anxious to finally pick up my newest toy, and get it home... [img]http://a1.cpimg.com/image/FB/CE/9894651-eb96-02000111-.jpg[/img]

Also rideing Shotgun on the return trip [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/HB116/no20_small.JPG[/img]

Kent,Rob,Maynard Have a safe fun ride out to Sam's.:D Wish I could go but 3 guys in a truck with tractors behind doesn't leave much room besides I'm a da*n good back-seat driver(according to my other half). LOL If you need help unloading let me know I should be around on sunday, either tractor will fit into my truck.:D:D:p

I know one thing that Yellow tractor is a nice machine, since I've seen it in person. (Just watch those obstacle courses);). Hope you enjoy it and you guys have a nice safe trip.

Have a safe trip you guys. Shame you'll miss the chance to stop along the way. You would be able to see some of us other members. Steve

thank you all for the safe regards and REED i bet we can take you up on your offer mon when we get back:p:D^8D rob

Well Kent, after sitting all winter, I flipped the switch on the 2012 and it rolled over a couple of times and fired right up. As rough as she is she sure seems to be reliable. I have everything re arranged in the shed and all you guys stuff is out to the front. The HB is ready to go except for removing the cab. Rob wants to see it on and see how it comes off. Shouldn't take long. Looks like we're all set at this end. While you guys are driving all day Saturday , I'll be strolling around a large all day Consignment sale at an area Agco dealer:D Generally there is about 20 - 30 Simplicity and AC tractors and such there. We'll have to see what I bring home from that, if anything. Gives ya something to think about on that long drive....:D