Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Early B-10 serial numbers?

rod07

I have recieved an early B-10 tractor and want to know if the serial numbers are stamped on the frame anywhere? The tag on the back portion of the seat is missing and I would like to have the serial numer of this trctor if I can find it. It is in excellent shape with a tiller on the back. I am beginning to clean it up and want to restore it. It must have been painted in the past because it has Big Ten stickers on it....took me a while to figure it out. It has a 9 hp engine and I seen that the steering gears were not like the B-10 late or the big ten gears.... Any help would be appriciated... Thanks Rod Gratzer

Rod, With out the sticker I think you are out of luck. the only way you can DATE it is by the engine no. My early B10 has the same steering gears as my B12. What do you mean, the gears are different? roger

Hello, and thanks for the answer. According to the owners manuals for the two, the early B-10 has a round steering gear while the B-12 has a 1/4 round steering gear. The early B-10 has 5 grease points, the B-12 and Late B-10, Big 10 have only 3 grease points. The serial number for the old engine is 23D 0129-02 14152. Thanks for the help!!:D

Karl_Brandt
Rod your Briggs & Stratton 23D engine dates to 1963. I also have a 1966 AC B-10 and a early AC B-10 parts tractor. I also have a 1963 Simplicity LandLord. The Simplicity model is the 9 hp LandLord tractor. Karl [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/tvgtp.gif[/img]