Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

bolens g 14 does that mean 14h.p.?

tractorfreak3

tractorfreak3
I have stumbled across a bolens g 14 and dont know about wisconsin engine codes. any help would be appreciated.

all of the G14's I know of have Tecumseh engines, not Wisconsin. Yes, the G14 is a 14 hp. OHV cast iron.

No, does not necessarily mean, No good. I have a G14 with the Tecumseh HH140 14 hp engine, plus a 1556 Husky with the Tecumseh HH150. Both grunt like bears, work like oxen, and bring joy to my heart! Since we've had no snow this winter in S.E. Wisconsin, they're both getting fat and lazy, what with no exercise. But, 61 degrees and sunny today. Can spring be far away, along with tilling and mowing, and tinkering with the toys.......

The old Tecumseh cast iron engines were and still are one of the best engines ever built from the early HH series to the later OH series from 120 to 160, all over head valve, real work horse's. Floyd

yes the 14 means 14hp but like someone else said they were Tecumseh OHV engens. They were good tractors built very hevy. I dont think you can tear one up. We have one and it is a heck of a mower. I like the OHV engen cus it runs cooler.

I have a friend that has a Bolens G12. It has an HH120 tecumseh and if one word describes that tractor it would be "Beast." He might let it go for $100. It needs rings and has no mower deck but I might not be able to resist buying it because I'm hopelessly addicted to these things. I just drove 100+ miles today to pickup a Snapper front engine rider for free and it runs. These mowers keep following me home!! -Chris