Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I got the wife helping!

johnmonkey

I was reassembling the BGB in the simp 3410 and needed help with the clip that holds the bevel gear in place. I tried for about 20-30 min with no luck,just then the little lady showed up and she turned the shaft as I was sliding the clip on the end of the driven shaft and what do you know!! within 5 minutes the clip was on. It pays to have a third hand and a wife that pitches in and helps!:I. I got the tractor back together and now I need to install the motor and pray that all else is well!!!;)John H PS What type of oil goes in the BGB (the book say hydrostatic oil) I was going to use 90wt And how much?? Thanks for your help

John, My wife helped me once upon a time, but now that the boys are older, she leaves that up to them. They are better at putting up with my fussing, cussing, and complaining. The one you met is my youngest. Are you re-building the one out of the T13 or is this another BGB? Hven't been making much progress on the 712. That hood you gave me is taking a lot of time. I have the hood realigned and the dents pounded out, but there was lots of rust pitting, and the hood had been re-painted with some of the roughest, gummiest paint that I have ever tried to take off. Wish I had a sand blaster. All other sheet metal required only a little sanding, but I have to completely remove the paint on the hood. Worked on it a little this weekend. I'll be glad to get that hood finished so that I can start on the engine.

Brent_Baumer
Good for you. Mine helps out by mowing every other week. My 8 year old daughter knows how to change from the deck to the tiller on my tractors. She's not strong enough to do it, but helps me by putting in the pins and she knows how the belts go on too......Brent

Rod, yes I rebuilt the one out of the t-13. I am so glad that we spent the time to remove it because the one out of the simp 3410 was shot bad (the bevel gears were ground flat). I hope that the tranny is in good shape on the 3410 (my fingers are crossed). I'm going out to the shop now to install the motor. John H Ps can you still use 90wt in the BGB?