Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need hydraulic fittings

SmilinSam

I need some one who is hydraulically literate to help me identify and find a fitting I need. The fitting I have is a straight thread O-ring fitting type 1" O.D. on one end and slightly smaller OD on the other end. What I need is a fitting with the same 1" O.D. straight thread O-ring type fitting on one end and a fitting to accept 1/2" I.D. hydraulic hose pipe thread fittings on the other end. Does such a fitting exist?

Sam, There are three different types of hyudraulic fittings. I have a book that lists some of the adapters at work. I'll try to get back with you tomorrow. The guy who sits beside me has been doing some work with hydraulics. He can probably help out. I'll get back with you.

Sam here is a link. Some of these types of fittings are propreiatary all parts must be from same mfg. The end with nut and o ring is JIC thread. See if this picture is what you are looking for. [img]http://www.parker.com/mobilesystems/Images/Series/English/Ferulok.gif[/img] http://www.parker.com/parkersql/default.asp?type=2&id=114 Most fittings have some type of mark or identifying look that the guy selling them will recognise. This is one brand there are many more. What did this come from?

Sam, It looks like your fitting is probably an SAE 12 (1 1/16 -12TPI) or SAE 10 (7/8 14TPI). Surplus center has SAE 12 male to 1/2 NPT female fitting for $3.80. This is a standard fitting you should be able to get an any hydraulic supply. Unfortunately Surplus Center is not on the WEB. You can call them at 1-800-488-3407.

This one is a Parker TC11. I think by the time I get adaptors to make this sort of thing work the total fitting height is going to be too long. Here's a question. Since the base threads on this large fitting I have are what I need, Would it be viable to cut the threadded part off the opposite end and thread the inside of the hole to a pipe thread so I could use one 90 degree pipe thread adaptor to put my hose onto ?

Sam, Thanks for the info. I also just found out from another post that Surplus Center was now online. When I called them several months back to get my catalog, they did not have a WEB site but said they were in the process. It may be feasible to do the internal thread if there is enough material available in the fitting. If not, you could grind down the existing threads, and use an external pipe thread with a 90 degree street elbow. Schedule 80 pipe should be adequate if you don't have a hydraulic fitting.

Rod, I think this is SAE 12 (1 1/16 -12TPI) on the one I have . After looking at the surplus center listing I think I'll try the fitting I see there. If it does not work I'll do some threading. We'll see what goes. Thanks guys! Sam