Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How far have you traveled contest!

Rob-B

:DOk, I have to state first there is NOprize for this contest, its just for conversation sake. I just made a 2,296 round trip to pick up the most beatiful AC snow cab, 46" dozer blade and too meet our newly elected club president. Maynard also made the trip ( he bought an "HB-116") and I figure it was about 2,776 miles round trip and for Kent it 2,176 (who bought a 2012 w loader) How far have you traveled for your attachments and/or tractor? rob

3042 mi. round trip. Calgary to Sauk City, WI and back in three days. The border guard looked skeptical when I explained my plans. He was also real concerned with the amount of hand tools I was bringing with me. Everything went smoothly and the 727 Broadmoor with snowthrower made the trip worth it. It was also a chance to just get away for a few days. Not sure I would do it again, unless someone has a screaming deal on a rototiller?^

I was on a quilting trip with my wife last fall when I was bitten by a large orange four wheeled vehicle.[:0] A sudden fever came over me and I found myself owning this 23 year old garden tractor that was in Souix City, Iowa.? I live about one and a half hours north east of Fargo, ND. Long story short. About a week later I drove my Pickup to Souix City to pick up my "new" tractor. About 800 miles round trip. I am still on medication for the "fever" and my doctor tells me I'll have to learn to live with it for the rest of my life because there is not known cure.:o) He recommends wearing long sleeve shirts and very dark glasses when ever I am on a quilting trip with my wife. My wife recommends that I stay in the car while she is in the quilt stores.:( Dan

I have done two: Trip one was from Soutern NH to Georgia and back, that was about 1200 each way or 2400 miles in total. It was exciting as we hustled back to avoid an ice storm on our heels. However if you count my brother's miles, he flew from Denver to Boston where I picked him up for our oddessy so his round trip total added another 6200 miles for a grand total of 8600 miles. We picked up a 720 with loader which seemed to be a good deal .... at the time. Trip two was from NH to Wisconsin via southern Ohio. I picked up my friend JeffG in Ohio and he accompanied me to the Milwaukee area to check out a 620 with pepto bismol disease. That round trip was 2350 miles. Steve

RonRobinson
I have traveled from the planet remulak. 20 million light lights away. I came here to consume mass amounts of beer and chips and drive the universes best tractors! LOL Ron

All this makes my longest trip at 9 1/2 hrs seem like nothing. Although I don't recomend doing it the morning after a Jimmy Buffett concert like I did.

kinda makes going to the factory for a field trip not seem too bad i wonder if they have a clearance shed at simplicity :)

Of all 3 tractors that I have purchased, the longest drive was 20 miles......................roundtrip.

I think the farthest and the fastest trip I've made was Madison,WI to North of Detroit,MI around 900 miles in 12 hours to be back in time for the July 4th party. All for a '64 Landlord. 980 Miles for a $35 Briggs and Stratton 9HP Cast iron engine.

Soooo, what you guys are saying, it's not me that's crazy, (as my wife suggest) when I talk about driving to Ohio to "LOOK AT" a B10.

Coming from a small country it’s funny to read the miles you guys have traveled to pickup the great orange tractors. To put it into perspective one could make a small math thing. Denmark is aprox. 250 Miles in from top to bottom, witch means Kent has traveled almost 9 times the length of my country in one trip. To a Dane that’s really amazing ..[:0]...... I just have to come visit your GREAT country some time:D. Tue

Tue I traveled the length of your country to get to kent's house before we left for Sam's place in Illinois.

Well, Seems I'm in good company. I drove to Nashville & back to 'look' at a powermax & returned empty (and a little late for MY birthday dinner with friends, only about 2 hours late. Good thing it was my B'day & a BIG snowstorm!). The next weekend I drove from Ann Arbor to Philadelphia, then Milwaukee, then LaCrosse and home. I wonder if Betty Ford should start a 'Clinic' for this addiction.......... JP

I've only had two road trips since I came down with this orange affliction. First was up to Iron Ridge Wisconsin for a snow blower, a little over 600 mile round trip. Second was a 500 mile round trip to get a snow/dozer blade and hitch from Smiling Sam. Both blower and blade is for my 312. I'm sure there will be more trips in the future:D Steve

Guess I won't try to add up the miles I put on to get lug tires in Nebr for my 4040, it wasn't really the intent of the trip..So far, I claim only 200 miles to Fairbanks for the 4040 and 3314..MPH

Martin (MPH) go ahead and claim your total trip, we all know the reason for trip was to pick up the tires and any other excuse to make the trip would do so you could get those luggers home;) Dan

Well I donno Know Dan, in the 3200 hundred miles from here to Co I only made my son turn around once to look at a tractor, While in Co I did go look at new Simplicity's with my brother, plus several implement dealers as he knows where thier all at. In the 4300 miles I put on the renta car my neck got a little sore from cranking around but I only did one 'cross the media' down though the grass, turn around and one legal one while driving interstate hiways to look at tractors, took 2 lane road for 200 miles instead of interstate from Co to Ne figuring it be better hunting. Once I got on the 737 I was disapointed, thought I'd have a birds-eye view, but couldn't spot a thing, so that was a blank 3000ish miles. the 300 miles from the airport home I know every tractor along the way and talked to most the owners so that trip is mearly keepping an eye out for something different..Not really fair miles for the contest, someday I'll take a trip to Sams for that 42 inch snowblower, or a trip back east to a picnic,swap meet, then Tue will have to come over for something to top me...MPH

Just wait Martin, some day I will stand knocking on your front door, and have a look on all your orange machinery:D But seriously guy's ..:(.. it's not a fair contest. Let's see who traveled the least amount off miles to pickup a orange tractor:p I'll start: My Simplicity 4212 was only 12 miles away...:D.. Obs: Our only submarine has joined the coalition forces in the war against iraq. We are know offically at war... Let's hope all our guy's return safe.. Tue

Brent_Baumer
I'm just about to leave on a 5-5.5 hour round trip to trade an HB-112 for an AC 718H (with a 16HP kohler replacement). Meeting jrosenboom who's driving AT LEAST 12 hours today round trip from Iowa and back. I think he is also going to tractorfreak3's in Gary to get a few more tractors. After today I'll have one for each kid. Mowing my 4.5 acres should go really fast in a few years.....Brent

Brent_Baumer
Got back a little while ago safely. 140 miles there, 155 miles back (took a different way home, more interstate). The 718(16)H fired right up and backed down out of the truck. Seems to rev high, checked the governor setting and appeared fine, I'll get the tach out later and check it for real. Suprised to see the hydro filter remote mounted under and behind the gear box with hydro lines to and from it. Is this typical? The other sunstrands I've seen had the filter on the side or under, but not remote. Hmmmmm. Gotta replace the muffler too with one that works. This sucker is loud. Hope you have a good rest of the trip John and your B-series boatload makes it home safely. Didn't come with the blower in the photo. Just the tractor. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/pop_photo.asp?PATH=/club2/uploaded/jrosenboom/718H.jpg[/url] Brent

The earlier model Sundstands used the larger, remote filter. I'm not sure when they changed to the smaller filter on the side of the tranny.