Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm about to add a New Simplicity to my stable

grandpawrichard

grandpawrichard
Well, the Old Crapsman Tractor (6 years old) has broken down for the LAST TIME, it's days are numbered! I'm going to get it running, wash it up, wax it and then park it in the front yard with a FOR SALE sign on it! Today I'm going to buy a Brand New Simplicity Regent for my lawn care work. I still have my old 7016 to play on and to till and blade with, so the new Regent should take care of the rest for me. I'm also working on a deal for a 1974 Sovereign 3415. The new Sim dealer in Mt. Vernon has one on hand that he just worked on for someone. He did over $700 worth of work to the engine, drive axle, mower deck and electrical. So far he has only collected $300 from the owner. The owner is thinking about putting the "Old Girl" up for sale. He has a lot of implements to go with the tractor, so maybe I might be getting myself a project tractor at a fair price! :) I sure hope so! :) Dick

grandpawrichard
Well, my new Sim Regent will be delivered about Noon tomorrow! :) I shoved the Crapsman out into the yard and cleaned up a nice, Cozy spot for my new baby!:) I've already picked out a name for her...Mach-11! (I had ear marked the money I spent on the tractor for a Brand Spanking New P.S.E. Mach-11 Target bow.:( Oh well, Maybe Next year!:( At least I'll look Mighty Good Mowing my lawn!;):) Dick

grandpawrichard
My Brand New Simplicity Regent came yesterday!:) I can't believe how quiet they are and how tight of a turning radius they have! (14 inches):) I have got to say that they are well worth every penny that I invested! Now, if it would just quit raining so I could go out and mow with it, I sure would be Happy!;):) Dick

Congradulations on your new investment brother.....Hope you enjoy it a lot and get one of them oldies going good for flash backs to the good ole days when tractoring left you kinda numb for awhile...MPH

Pictures! Pictures please. Some of us don't have a dealer anywhere close by and have never seen a new one??

Geez, I wonder what the 'poor people are doing this year' (LOL). Great choice! My neighbor got one last year after losing badly on the perfect cut contest. Now our lawns look like a golf course. I sure you'll get 'miles of smiles' from the new unit!! Congrats!! JP

This must be the week of the Regents. I got mine on Tuesday night and the poor thing has been sitting in the garage since then. Rain Rain go away. I have gone out to it every night and polished something here, adjusted something there, started it up. If anyone has a Menard's near them, they have a great deal going on right now. I bought a dethatcher, an aerator, a broadcast spreader and a poly roller all for under 200.00. It was like going to a garage sale. I can't wait to hook them up and go out and play. For 200.00, I was pretty impressed with the quality of the stuff. We'll see when I get it out there.

grandpawrichard
I've only been able to sit on my tractor in the shed and pretend to mow because it has done nothing but RAIN since I recieved delivery of it! :( As soon as the weather clears up and I can take the tractor out of the shed. It isn't as Pretty as my 1974 Simplicity Sovereign 7016, but it sure comes close! ;) The 7016 is in too good of shape to use for Mundane things as lawnmowing. ;) :) :D Dick

Congratulations on your new tractor. You are lucky to only have to wait for the rain to stop. There won’t be any grass cutting where I live for at least a month..:(.. Would love to see some pic’s off the new and old machinery. Tue

good luck with it : ) i myself have not been abel to doo much with my new sovereign besides blow snow, and i have had enough of that for this year :)~ God help the first blade of green grass that crosses my path :D

grandpawrichard
I finally got to take some photos of my new Regent today. (After mowing the grass of course;):)) So here's an attempt to share a photo of it with you: [img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1996582.jpg[/img] Dick^

grandpawrichard
Thanks for the Kind words Guys! The new Regent is a sweet machine! I absolutely love that 14" turning radius! It sure makes it nice for mowing around my fruit trees. The only thing that makes me sad about it is that it doesn't have the snoose to run a tiller and some of the other attachments, but what the heck; that's what I have my old 7016 for!;):) Dick [img]http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1999315.jpg[/img]