Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shaw-Duall

Al

One of the local lawn and garden dealers has an antique Shaw-Duall or Shaw-Doall tractor. Has anyone ever heard of the this brand and where can I find some information on it? I might get my hero badge and maybe some discounted prices if I can dredge up some information. Unfortunately he is not a Simplicity Dealer. He carries Cub Cadettes, Honda, and Snapper plus a host of other brands. Thanks, Roy

Roy, When I was a kid in the 40s, I remember drooling over these ads in Popular Mechanics. I sent for some literature in probably 48 when I was about 10. I wore it out just dreaming about having one of these. They also built a 2 wheel walk behind, called the "PEPPY-PAL". I believe they were both 2 cylinder tractors and may have been their own engines. The PEPPY-PAL looked a lot like the old 2 cyl "Standard" brand tractors. I'll see if I can find anything on them, but not likely. Would like to see it as I don't ever remember seeing one in real life. I do have a couple of OLD GARDEN TRACTOR books around if I can find them, I'll seed if they are in there. Good Luck, AL

I have a catalog on the Shaw "Du-All" garden tractor that shows 1,2,3,4,& 8 hp models on steel wheels and with rubber tires. The catalog is not dated, but by the pictures it looks to be about early 30's. The Shaw was manufactured in Galesburg, Kansas.

There is a registery for Shaw Du-All SHAW DU-ALL Shaw Du-All Registry 22 Nesenkeag Drive Litchfield, NH 03051 Maybe they have some info you can use. Phil