Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pink Milk Hydrolic Fuid

EDS

With the AC 314H in the shop mounting the mower deck I thought it would be a good idea to shoot some grease and check the fluid levels. Upon removing the top of the reservoir for the Hydro oil, actually ATF, I noticed it looked like pink milk. It did not look like that when I changed the fluid and filter a year ago. My guess is that it is an emulsion with water, Not good. Is there any thing else that would cause ATF to look milkey? Air? Different types of ATF.

I think your on Q with the water. Only thing I have ever seen makes oil look milky. Question is the source of the water...MPH

Condensation; the natural cure is to run your machine long enough to heat the fluids( engine oil included ) to cause the water to evaporate to the atmosphere. Back in the olden days before the HD's when someone would come in for an oil change, my grandpap would always look at the breather for wax buildup, if he found some he would ask the customer how much they drove their car? Mostly they would say Oh just to the store and home. "That's what I thought" He'd tell them, go a little farther and this ( meaning the wax and water ) will not be there next time I change your oil.