Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-Series Muffler position

BillT

What is the original orientation of the "coffee can" exhaust? If the outlet points straight down, it warms the front tire. I'm currently running it at about the 7:30 position. Anyone????

10-31-99 @ 22:18 Bill, My B-1 had the muffler straight out (horizontal) for years. This year I put a 90° elbow on and ran it almost straight up (around 11:00 o'clock for lift lever hand clearance). I also put a larger muffler on it although I don't remember what the muffler was originally from. You should be able to cruise the photo gallery on this site and find some B series tractors to see what the most popular position is. You might even be able to spot the correct muffler position from some of the sales ads and brochures. Hope this helped. Roy

Bill, The original muffler on my B12 stuck straight out and it still does. On the B112 I turned it up and put a tractor style muffler on it so the exhaust would not blow against the loader arms. Tim