Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Replacement Engine for B110

jwsmoak

Need Help! I have a Allis B110 with a 10 HP Briggs. Engine tired, tractor not. What new size Briggs will fit? Thanks JW

If you're talking a bolt-in replacement, there are no new engines being produced. The single cylinder, all cast iron engines from 9 to 16 horsepower will fit. You would have to see if there is a dealer that has one in stock, or can get one through his supplier. If you want to modify, you can make almost anything fit. If you go with a new engine, either bolt-in, or upgrade, you can count on a minimum of $1000. Pat

JW, Look at what Small Engine Warehouse has...I bought a new 326431 16 hp engine from them for $800.00 last Sept.to replace a 12 hp engine in a A-C 212. I had to use the Engine Base (oilpan) from the 12 hp engine to get it to fit, also, the Carb choke lever was on the wrong side...so I used the 12 hp engine Carb also. The price quotes I got to overhaul the 12 hp Engine was in mid $700.00 range so I elected to get the new engine. Ray

I replaced the tired cast iron 10 hp Briggs in my 3410 with a newer Briggs purchased from EBay.Had to use a combination of new engine and old engine parts,and make some mounts to raise the new engine,but otherwise,it was pretty straight forward.

I'm putting together my third tractor, and none of them have the original engine, make, or size that came on them. I use what I can find at a reasonable cost. Got three more engines to re-build then I will do some more swapping to get closer to original set-ups.

JW- I've got a briggs 10 hp out of a b-210 that will fit your b-110. the engine runs ok. where are you located and what would you offer for a replacement? also - i agree - the b-110 is a great tractor - the only drawback to it is the 3 speed tranny.

I'm buying one of the engines described by RayH for my b112. The cost of repairing the old one was half the price of a new one. Don

Just an addition, the price I was quoted to re-build the engine was 350 to 500. I shopped around. Don

There's a B-112 for sale 5 minutes from me with a supposedly good original engine, bad gearbox, excellent 42" deck and missing rear wheels for $200 if anyone is interested. Located halfway between Richmond and Muncie on US 35 in Losantville, IN. email or PM me for the guy's number or more info. Brent