Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cub Cadet 100 $?'s

MasterChief

Please don't yell at a new club member and Allis owner (a cherry 917H with tiller).....but where do I find out if my old neighbor's Cub Cadet model 100 (with deck & blade) is worth the $500 he's asking? thanks, Denny Behr

Hello Denny, I'm gonna catch some flack for this, but, I wouldn't have it at any price. Cadets are hard to work on, mow terrible, and the deck is very difficult to get off & on. However, there are folks willing to pay good dollars for Cadets. I had a 102 with mower deck a few years ago that I sold for $600. My 2 cents,

Hi there; I am also looking for the value of a few Cub Cadets that I have aquired. ((I'm a Diehard orange lover) These were given to me.)Take a look at the IHregestry forum. They have a classified section and theres quite a few in there. Also, try a search on E-bay, Present and past auctions. Yahoo has a forum for cub cadets too. The old cubs look like they could be a tough tractor but nothing mows like an AC or Simplicty Good luck,

I have an uncle that is a big cub fan, he's got three of them but even he recalled the Soveriegn as being a great tractor and admitted he would'nt mind having a Sunstar. But I agree that they are built realy heavy and he says the decks actually have truly greasable bearings. I like the looks of Cubs but they don't have an anti-scalp deck. But hey, I'll drive any mower unless its one of those Honda's or Kubota's. I'll bet your neighbors tractor is worth that if it runs, drives, and mows real good. This may sound crazy but I was going to try to sell a completely redone murray11 for $400. But I didn't finish the project and decided it would be wrong to sell it for that much. You see the public has a very different idea of value than a Collector. The public just wants something that will do the task at hand and will buy anything in decent shape. I've sold snapper pushmowers for $60 at yard sales and sold self propeled models for $150. Hey I'm just a mower addict though! -Chris

I grew up on Cub Cadets and Simplicies. Simplicies mow better than a Cub Cadet does.^ Both have good and bad points when its comes to removing/installing mower deck. A Cub Cadet has more wheel power than a Simplicity does. ;)If you go to garden tractor pull most of the tractors are running a Cub Cadet rear end.^ My Father has 2 Cubs that he uses in a truck patch and 2 Broadmorrs that he mows several yards with. To me, both are about the same when it comes to working on them. Denny, Depending on what shape the Cub is in, It maybe worth the money.? Dale

I have a Simplicity, some other makes and a recently acquired Cub Cadet 102. I got mine for free in a heap, but have so far spent about $300 just in used parts to get it together. If you can buy one complete and running with attachments for $500 and not have to pay shipping, it sounds like a good deal to me. I think the 100 is still one of "Original" style Cadets that are worth more as a collector.

the 100 is the first true direct gear drive. the original had a short belt going to the clutch . You didn't say if the 100 you are looking at had any options like fenders, creeper gear, head lights , hydralic lift, or a sleeve hitch. all these options are more desired by collectors . if its a clean straight running 100 they are worth around $500 , if theres options thats a good bonus. I've bought 120 cub cadets so far in the last 3.5 years so I have a pretty good idea what they are worth.

Denny, You live exactly where you should for getting a Cub Cadet. Use this link for comparisons: [url]http://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/5/26.html[/url] As far as toughness goes. The transmissions for the "little" Cub Cadets is the exact same transmission as what was used on the Farmall Cub as shown. The Cub has a 60 cubic inch 4 cylinder pushing through that tranny. [img]http://www.farmallcub.com/images/image2.jpg[/img]

Thanks for the good advice, leads and web refferences everyone! I just might buy that ole yellow dog even though she is the wrong color! This is a great site with very helpful folks! thanks again, Denny

I am no expert on Cubs, but I pulled a 100 out of a guys yard last fall as a "Freeeebie." Looks a litte beat, but within an hour, same plug and wire and all, she runs mint. Great little tractor, altough my Simplicity is still king.