Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HubbardRA

Wheel Horse Blade Mounting on 61 Wards

HubbardRA
Here are the pictures of the Wheel Horse blade that I mounted on my 61 Wards, that were asked for by "B1". They are a little dark, so I hope you can make out the details. As I stated in an earlier post, there are two plates made from flat stock that are pinned to the holes in the front axle. Each plate is pinned through both holes in the axle to prevent motion. A piect of angle iron was then welded between these two plates, to make a crossmember in front of the tractor axle. The wheel Horse mount was then welded directly to the angle iron crossmember. This blade pivots on the original Wheel Horse pivot, when lifted, and is mounted rigidly to the front axle.

To make the lift arm, A piece of flat bar is bolted directly to the blade mounting arm, and a diagonal brace is bolted to the lift arm for strength and rigidity. Interesting thing is that this unit (including homemade lift rod, going down the dide of the tractor) fits both the 61 Wards seen in the picture and my 77 AC 716H. To switch, pull the four pins in the axle and remove the lift rod from the tractor's lift mechanism, and reinstall in on the other tractor in the reverse manner. It fits both without any changes. It works great as you see it for pushing snow, and I also spread a layer of bluestone on my driveway last fall with this setup. Not pretty, but it works.

Another alternative would be to fabricate a Simplicity type mount, and use only the blade off this assembly. This mount was easier to make