Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Revitilizer

MikeES

I have an opportunity to pick up a Revitilizer for $100 that looks like new (sitting outside but has never been used). I do not know anything about these. I have search this site and have found nothing about them. The blades/disks/tines are not on the unit (he thinks he has them someplace), but everything else was there. Is this a reasonable price? Do they work? Do they have interchangable blades/disks/tines? Was there a seeder attachment? Any other info will be greatly appreciated.

I think the revitalizers work great for vertical cutting (over seeding / reseeding), dethatching, and even chipping ice. They have a tow tab that will pull a drop or broadcast spreader. The revitalizer for the large frame tractors are 38". The smaller tractors use a 26". The last time I checked, the blades (14) were still available at about $6.00 each.

Just got mine on the tractor two days ago. It is a 38" and I pull with my Landlord 101. It makes quick work of thatch in the yard. Let it dry an hour,then run the sweeper over it. Seems like I payed around that 10 years ago for mine also. ken

Thanks for the input, I will get it especially if the blades are still with it. BTW this is sitting at an old Simplicity dealer (still in business but not selling Simplicities). He has lots of stuff sitting around and he is talking about getting the scrap metal guy in and giving it all to him. He has at least 20 mower decks in various condition, many wheels, tires, frames, partial tractors, he has 3 cabs, new in the boxes (he doesn't remember for what tractors). 2 3410 3-speeds with good engines. He has 1 of the rear engine joy stick riders and the later one with the steering wheel. Plus lots of other stuff. (I don't have it me to call it junk).