Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It.....Just.....Never......Fails........

SmilinSam

When you are in a hurry.... The ground is dry.... Going to rain for the next 4 days starting tomorrow.... Got gardens to till for people.... So, I stop at the first place, grab the hydro lift lever on the 917 (and not the loader one, the other one..)and raise the tiller up only to hear a loud "!Snap!" and then a "Thud" as the tiller falls back down and hits the trailer floor.....:( Yep, thats it......the rear lift cable broke. Pretty much kills any ambitions for getting anything done gardenwise this week...:(! Hope Sandy Lake has some cables in stock8)

tractormike
Also in the it never fails. I took my snowblower and chains off last sunday afternoon. Now the forcast for our area calls for a winter weather warning that we may get up to 10 to 12 inches of snow here by saturday afternoon. Guess where I was tonight? Putting the blower and chains back on. Maybe by doing that I will change the snow to rain. Any bets?

Sam, I need the two cables for my AC 712S project. A close friend said he would make them for me. He has a roll of cable, crimp sheaves and a crimping tool. He bought this set-up to make cables for his sailboat. You can also use cable ferrules on the ends to prevent cable chafing. You may want to check into the cost of raw cable and the tool, since you work with so many tractors. May be cheaper in the long run, and you can make cables for others to standard and custom lengths.

Most decent hardware stores carry cable and u-bolt type clamps that will work in a pinch (my normal situation!).

DonNewberry
We just got five inches of snow in ND. I took my tractor in for sand blasting last week when it was 60 degrees. Nope, it never fails. Don