Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB-112

jrosenboom

Through a trade with Brent last weekend I ended up with an HB-112. Cleaned up the carb last night and it purrs like a kitten! Hydro and hydraulic lift seem to work good. How many of you guys have one of these? Anyone know the story on them? Production numbers?? Looking through Simpletractors it looks like these were made for 1 year. Any info would be GREAT!!:D Would like to get this old gal restored this summer to show it off at a few shows! THANKS!!

Brent_Baumer
Glad to hear the news John. Have you checked the registry here? Serial #'s if listed might give you some clues. Judging by how few responses I got to the PTO post and the few pics in the gallery don't think they were all that plentiful. Keep us posted with the resto progress. Brent

Will do Brent! Had some carb problems, rebuilt the carb and ended up breaking off a piece where it bolts up when I was putting it back on!! Robbed the carb off my B12 and she fired right up!! Now I need to find another carb. I don't know if my old pal JB Weld will fix this one!!

John, This is what I believe (could be wrong) the HB112 was rarest of the yellow tractors, yes they were made only 1 year. Very unique with the raised console on the hood. It was the first hydro tractor for AC. The Simplicity equivalent is the 3012H - Sovereign (did not have the hood console). I have a HB212 which were made 2 years (1969-1970)(The Sim eq. - 3112H-3212H). I have the same set up with hydraulic lift, it was the top of line for AC at the time. It is my first and favorite tractor.

Karl_Brandt
John, I also own a AC HB-112 tractor. This tractor me & my father use it to haul branches,clean out his pigeon koops etc,have to let my father use one tractor out of the many tractors I have sitting around.:D:D Karl [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/Image012b.JPG[/img]

I have An HB-112 that I'm re-doing the bgb in. It's the same tractor my wife Karin was using when she was 5 years old! I don't have pics, but may soon, as the tractor is at the family AC farm supply building. The place is about to be sold and all of the goodies in my profile will be coming home for a new life! The HB-112 was purchased new by my Dad-in-law.