Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ark Loader for a B-series?

Kent

Saw this posted on the Unofficial Allis site:
quote:
Allis Chalmers HB212 lawn tracter w/ARK 500 series front end loader,hydrostatic drive, posi rear,tracter lug rear tires,AC weight box w/trailer hitch,hydrolic lift for belly mower(no mower deck),briggs engine,runs and works good,all sheet metal is nice and straight, located in kintnersville PA, $1800.00 610-847-2555
Has anyone else heard of Ark making a loader that would fit the smaller garden tractors? They made loaders for the 620/720/PowerMax size tractors, but this is the first I've heard of one for the smaller tractors....

Kent I have an Ark 500 series loader mounted on a Simplicity 3012 Sovereign. I still need to finish replacing the hyd. lines before trying it out. I bought it used from a Simplicity dealer and was told that it had been installed on a Landlord 2110. I believe the Pow'r Max tractors used either the 700 or 900 series. http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/ark_900_restoration.htm Ben

Ben, Can we get some pictures of it, when you have a chance -- especially the subframe and mounting. I have never seen one.

Kent I will try to get some pictures ready for this weekend or early next week. Basically the subframe and rear mount appears to be the same as used on the Simplicity Mfrs. No. 515 (990515) loader. The attaching kit is Mfrs. No. 510 for the 12 hp tractor. Ben

Well, that information alone is quite valuable. I noticed in the Owners Manual for the Simplicity MFR 515 that bolts and such for the subframe use the word "Henry" in conjunction with the part number... I wonder if this tells us that all the subframes were made by Henry (company name??), regardless of the loader used on it? I suspect, but haven't been able to verify, that the Simplicity 515 and Allis L-10/12s were actually made by Allis-Chalmers.... One of many unknown pieces of these puzzles....