Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rokon2813

Yeoman

rokon2813
I'm new here so we'll see what happens...I have an old Yeoman for sale on E-Bay as well as a tiller, I believe for a Broadmore. Both seem to get large numbers of browsers but no bids. Are my prices too high, 150 for yeoman with a snowblower and 50 for the tiller, or am I doing something else wrong. I like all the Simplicity equipment but have no idea of the values. Have a happy day.

Dadsy98
I agree. Shipping costs are what I have to consider when I bid on Ebay. I can't afford a good deal that's 300 or more miles away. Your prices seem quite in line with the theme of Ebay. Good luck! Steve

jrichason
I looked at your Yeoman the day you put it up for sale and I thought the starting price was too high. I recently bought a Yeoman with electric start, a snow blower and mower deck for around $150. Judging by your pictures and description, your tractor is in a lot worse condition. I've had a few people here tell me that they picked up their Yeoman's for less than $50. I would suggest lowering your starting price and if you want to get $150 out of it setting the reserve at that. At least you could see what people are willing to bid up to. Good luck, John

Dutch
Your ad has only been running a few hours. Give it a chance. Bidders don't like confusion. Your ad states, "Buyer pays for all shipping costs. Will ship to United States only." Then it says, "This must be picked up." Then it says, "I accept PayPal (preferred), money order and I'd rather not but I will accept a personal check however I will not ship till the check clears." Will you ship or not? You state it is an 8hp and a 7hp. Which is it? You also list several minor problems that you should probably fix so you don't have to mention them. You don't state that it runs now. Get it running so you know and can tell any potential bidders. People don't like to buy a pig in a poke.

rokon2813
thanks for all the advice. and for pointing out the shipping stuff. apparently it didnt delete the standard info for all my auctions. I cant find any markings on the engine. I was told when i got it that it was 8 hp but the simplicity website says according to the numbers its supposed to be 7hp. As far as the repairs if I had the time to fix it I probably wouldnt sell it. As far as this website is concerned you all do a great job here with lots of excellent advice. One more question though... Did UCD put my ebay ad on here or are the 2 sites somehow connected?? If he did Thanks much UCD Have a good day

rokon2813
your the guy what gave me this site right? Indiana? I'll make a couple phone calls if your serious. Still have friends that go to Elkhart every week. Would you be interested if you had to pick it up in Wakarusa?