Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlieson

Well, Last week it was in the 60's and 70's here in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Yesterday (Saturday) it was in the high 60's. I pulled the 3416 out changed the oil, changed the Hydraulic Filter, TOOK THE SNOWPLOW AND CHAINS OFF, and cleaned the air filter. I got the mower deck out, greased it up, checked the belts, and got it ready for the first mowing of the season. I decided not to put the deck on until today because I had some wood up the hill that I needed to haul to the shed. I got up this morning and we had 5" of wet snow on the ground and it is still snowing. My trees are budding, my tulips are blooming and my apple trees are ready to bloom. I really dont like this Midwest type weather. It shouldnt snow this late in March. Now I will have to put my blade and chains back on. But, maybe if I wait it will all melt away.

Well, if it makes you feel better, Old Glory is standing straight out this morning, support by a northwestern wind blowing snow at plus 2 degrees..Most likely will spend my day off sitting here with my feet across the corner of the desk.MPH

we are getting lots of rain here in the boston area i hear that we may get some snow tonight possibly :( Me i am ready to put the new tractor to work moving piles of mulch and mowing lawns :)

I never do my equipment changeover till mid April, that even makes me nervous. I live in Cent. Minn. Floyd

Roma, I may have ensured that we get a substantial snow. Yesterday I removed the snowblower and put it away, so I could get room in the barn to bring the 2012/loader in to work on it.... I did leave the HD dozer blade out, and I still have chains on, but I probably just ensured that we'll get too much for the blade to handle... :)

Thanks Kent...........I took my blower off also and stashed it as far under the pile as I possibly could.:(;) I did leave the blade on the 2110 though.:p Hope I don't need to plow,I just started raking the dirt off the grass.:p:p

I was missing the snow so much, I decided to make my yard white again just for the nostalgia factor....... Not really, that's 1600 pounds of pulverized limestone spread out all over the place. I used the Putt Putt and Brinley spreader(175# cap.) for the lime after thatching, sweeping, and aerating a total of three passes of each over two days. We just got some decent rain so tomorrow I'll run the thatch rake over the yard again, then seed it and roll the seed. Stand by for heavy mowing in a few weeks.........

Found out what is causing all this late snow.I found out that my wife still has a snowman by the sink.I sure hope she puts it away soon.It was even snowing down in Jacksonville IL. today when we down there for steam class. Don't worry summer will be here by August Bob