Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-112 Question

Dave-Saratoga

Can anyone send me a picture of the b-112 rear end, specifically looking at where the seat pan hinges above the rear lift? my email address is orogenic@aol.com I looked on simple tractors but couldn't find the appropriate pic. thanks

Dave, here's a picture of the equivalent to an HB-112... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1969/Inside%20Cover%202.jpg[/img] That's the only picture on the site that comes to mind...

thanks for the pic kent, but i was looking for the view from the other side. what i'm specifically wondering is (and all you b-210/212 guys can chime in here): the rear lift arm assemblies on the b-110 and the b-112 are different (well, at least they have a different part #). IS the b-112 rear arm, the same as the b-210/212 rear arm? both have variable speed units, the same style/part # rear seat pan, and the same basic tranny. and btw kent - the jd joke really had me going. i'm having trouble with my computer at work - every time i tried to open THAT message, my browser crashed. had me going all day long. i'll have to repeat one othe earlier responses to the posting - DOH!

As far as I know, the rear lift assemblies are interchangeable, though not exactly the same. Starting at some point, the right rear hitch upright was changed so that the hole in it was larger. So, on the shaft of the rear hitch, you use a collar with a step in it, instead of the simpler ones like used to hold the front wheel bearings. The lift rods themselves are shorter on the 3-speed tractors with shorter rear frame rails.

exactly, I think that change happened with the b-210 series. which is why i asked the question - is the b-112 upright similar to the b-110, especially where the lift arm pivots.

Dave, I don't know for sure -- never owned a 110 -- but I think the uprights for the 3-speed tractors are straight, while the uprights for the variables curve out to the back to the back of the tractor. I know the uprights are not the same for the Big Ten/B-10/12 and the variable speeds.

yep, that's the way the 210's uprights are - curved. Think the 112's are too, just was wondering about the pivot for the lift arm & if there was any difference between the b-112 & b-210/212. guess i'll have to do it the hard way & download the manual for the 210 to see if they are the same part #