Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ready for the grass to grow

hufhouse

Over the winter, I tore down my 48" mower deck and repainted the deck. I checked every piece for wear and replaced a couple of the parts. Last weekend, I removed my snowplow, wheel weights and chains. Gave the tractor a really good once over, cleaning and checking it. Last evening, my fourteen-year-old son and I carried the "like new" mower deck up out of the basement and I had it hooked up in about ten minutes. I drove the tractor out of the garage and powered up the PTO. It was a beautiful thing. Sounded like propellers spinning down at the airport! I made a short trip next to the driveway and back, and I think I might have cut 1/8" off in a couple of places. This is the only time of year I can't WAIT for the grass to grow!8D

Yeah, enjoy it... I'm sitting here watching snow flurries, after the last of it only disappeared from the front yard Sunday. :( But the positive side is I might get a chance to play with my new loader if it starts accumlating.... :) I've been planning to repaint my deck all winter and haven't got to it yet.... Too many tractors and too little time???? NAH! Just too little time...

I have a small lawn business on the side, and I started today.. Boy the smell of fresh cut grass smells GREAT.:)

I wish I could cut my grass, its growing. Out of eleven tractors none of them cut grass currently! Within a month my Landlord's deck should be welded up and ready to go. Can't wait to use the Landlord or my newly aquired but not running B110. Hopelessly addicted. -Chris