Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheel Weights

dieselman

Im planing on puting a 38" tiller on my 920 and have a set of rear wheel weights for it. I would like to also put a set of frount wheel weights on it and would like to build them out of steal and was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas on building them. I was thinking on using 25LB weights of of a bench set. any ideas would be appreated.

Are you planning on putting them on for tilling? You do not need them for that the only thing that is helpful is the front weight that hooks up to the lift arm.The more weight that you put on compacts the soil more.So I would not put them on for that.The weight would work fine inside the wheels by bulding a bracket that bolts to the lug bolts and a shaft that comes out just put the weights on and put a set collar on the outside to hold them on.Good luck Bob

I would like more frount weight to keep the frount down sence the tiller weighs almost 400 LBS it will take allot of weight off the frount for turning. Also i plan to plow with it. I have 2 50 lb weights to put on the rear for that. and i have a rear blade to put behind it. Bob what do you mean by the frount weight that hooks onto the lift arm? does it hook on to were the blade would mount and have a arm go back to assist on lifting the tiller?

Neil, I have one of those front counterweights, I'll try and take a picture for you tommorrow. It does help lifting the tiller if you have a manual lift. Alternately you could make something like this for barbell weights:

Here ya go Neil: