Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sleeve hitch and rear lift

RickS

I have located a sleeve hitch for my landlord (7012h). If I purchase a Brinly rear blade will I need a rear lift? I know this site has plans for a rear lift. If I need the lift, how does the lift arm attach to the rear lift? Or do I need a separate lift for the rear. Thanks for all the help. Pictures may help me understand.

Yes, you will need the rear lift to lift and carry the blade. There's a solid, round 1" steel bar about 10" (just a guess) long that goes into the tube of the rear lift. A pin goes through it to secure it. At the end of the bar, a chain is pinned on that goes down to the implement. See this picture, in this case, a plow: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/plow.jpg[/img]

Kent showed one way of mounting it but there is another way is by the one point hich that you will have to use for your blade on.

This shows one that some one made and posted on here im sorry but i cant rember their name here are some plans that i also saw on here one time.

Hope this helps.

Kent, how does that round bar get connected to the lift arm on the right side of the tractor? Ricks

The sleeve hitch shown above is one that Dutch fabricated. Rick, The 1" round bar goes into the round tube of the rear lift (shown below from the DIY section). Your 7012 used a cable to connect from the 1/2" hole in the top of the rear lift to the lift handle up front. If you'll search this forum for "rear lift" you can find pictures of that UCD has posted... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/do_it/rear_hitches.jpg[/img]

This is the one point or sleeve hitch also called a Brinly Hitch [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/UCD/Onepointhitch.jpg[/img] These three pages are from the 7000 series Attachments & Accessories Manual

This also shows how to install rear lift so that when the front goes down the rear comes up and when the rear goes down the front comes up for useing counter weights.(use the set up for the 38" rotary tiller)

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone that has fabricated one of these hitches used .25" X 2" instead of .25" X 1.5"... I want to fabricate one and have a bunch of 1/4 X 2" Bar stock and Didn't know if it would affect the performance or Fit......

I've made them. 2" should work fine. You may just have to round off the ends some more if you have clearance problems when raising or lowering.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Above picture in dieselman's reply it shows the lift arm hooked to a lower hole of the lift tube like my 3410S has, My B112 & 2010 doesn't have this hole.. How have others hooked the lift up??????

Bunky, I used a 3/8" eye bolt in the pin hole in the lift tube. It might be best to use a solid piece of 1" bar stock with a pin hole drilled in it and inserted in the lift tube to make sure the weight of attachments on the lift tube doesn't bend it where the eyebolt is.

• Like 1