Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sunstar hydraulics

Drtumolo

Does the hydraulic system on my 94 sunstar have enough capacity to run another hyd. cylinder. I was thinking of adding a cylinder to give me independent control of the rear lift.

All depends on what you want to do. Running two cylinders at the same time my guess would be no. Running it singley you could probably do it. The circuitry would be up to you. The on board hydraulics wasn't intentend to do much more then to run the power steering and implement lift cylinder and my guess is the system pressure or flow isn't all that high, like you need for an end loader.

Sure you can do it. The Sunstars had an option of a two spool valve and front hydraulic connections. As long as your added valve is closed center (not free flow back to the sump) you will maintain your hystat drive charge pressure and power steering. If you keep the cylinder size and stroke similar to the lift cylinder or hyd blade angle cylinder there should not be a problem. I am curious why you do not want to use the mechanical rod to the mower deck lift for the rear hitch. I am considering building a rear 3 point hitch to one of my Sunstars, can you explain what you are considering for your hitch? Thanks Joe

I want to be able to use the snowblower on the front and a rear drag blade and have independent control. Does anyone know were to get a dual spool valve setup? My dealer says they are no longer available.

The hydrostatic charge circuit is what is used for the lift and Aux. hydraulics as well as the power steering. The operating pressure in this circuit is about 125 to 195 PSI.