Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Uh Oh! Could get impeached over this....

SmilinSam

Look what followed me home.... [img]http://a5.cpimg.com/image/E1/AC/17781985-2e3a-02580258-.jpg[/img] And whats this?! Another one!? [img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/E2/AC/17781986-fd2f-020001C9-.jpg[/img] My, my...You don't say a third one? [img]http://a7.cpimg.com/image/E3/AC/17781987-9703-0200019F-.jpg[/img] Awwww, now we are getting carried away here...A fourth??? [img]http://a8.cpimg.com/image/E4/AC/17781988-b825-020001B7-.jpg[/img] Now this just takes the cake...A tiller .. [img]http://a9.cpimg.com/image/E5/AC/17781989-8a37-02000157-.jpg[/img] I could tell you that they are just passing through, but.......

bubba_t _flubba
And my wife has a cow when I bring just one home.We were in SC. last week visiting and I was telling that when I retire (in about 20 yrs) I plan to spend alot of in the garge tinkering with tractors and such. My loving wife adds "the key word is when you retire. You seem to be getting a early start".

Nice find and a great addition to the collection.:D I want more toys but can't afford :Imore for the time being????? I'll just have to do a search & find mission this summer if our state bird {MOSQUITO}:( doesn't hamper things.

I have a WH too, and would like to suggest a new name for the club! How about the-- Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers and Wheelhorse Garden Tractor Club

If other brands help support your Simplicity Allis Chalmers Addiction, So what. You have to make a buck to keep the best for yourself. Good luck selling that stuff !

Sam, looks like you made quite a haul! Those first two look like the heavier models of WheelHorse, they're going to stop making them next year I heard. Most I've ever picked up at one time was two. I'll admit though that only four out of my eleven are Simplicity/ AC, but they are my favorites. -Chris

mowerman1193
Dutch,I belive that is a stainless heat sheild that you are seeing. Sam,Is that first one a 520H with the Onan?judging by the seat with arms and all makes it look like one.What model is the grey Workhorse?I have a Workhorse that looks about the same as that one.Mine is the GT1600 16hp twin Briggs.My dad bought new and gave it to me about ten years ago.The Workhorse was only made in 1983-84.I plan to restore the Workhorse this summer/fall and might be looking for some parts...

quote:
Is that a stainless muffler on the 417-A?
I believe so. Its thinner than your normal muffler, and theres no rust on it. Did you notice the Nice WIDE Running boards? Mowerman, The first is the 314 H I bought new in 92'. I brought it home from town yesterday for spring servicing. My wife mows with that one. The second I picked near Peoria . It sat for the last 6 years. Bought it not running for $300. New points condensor and carb kit and it runs fine. 1 owner tractor that was regularly serveice every 30 hours. I'm cleaning it up to go to town and mow with this summer to help the wife. The other two were bought from a friend in need of $$$. The GT 1100 is getting used up for parts and to sell some parts. The C-105 is going to get my 16 Vanguard(I want to keep the power of the Briggs single in my AC917) and it will wear that roto tiller that the wife won't let me sell. I'll use it for the in town tilling jobs too. So...I guess I'm keeping them. Art, You can defend me in the impeachment trial....or stand trial with me:D

Wow... Not only did he admit "guilt" on keeping 3 of them, as I read it, he committed "blasphemy" by saying he was going to be mowing with two of them... Mowing with something other than a Simplicity? Where's the rope? :D :D :D

You guys kill me when you put your pictures of new purchases up here for us all to ogle and drool over!! I just have an old sim. 101 and a .........can I say it here.....Gravely walk behind (my other fav. tractor brand). Truth is, I spent so much money fixing up that old 101 that my wife has forbidden me to make any more tractor purchases, no matter how good the deal is! I think everyone here, myself included, appreciates ANY good tractor, no matter what the brand. Once you get the fever, you know how it is.....

Karl_Brandt
Sam that is a very big haul. I also have a Wheelhorse 34E Lawn ranger 6 hp made in 1964. I see the cat has found a new friend.:D I also have many more brand name tractors hanging around.8D This name works for my web site [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/tvgtp.gif[/img] [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Wow... Not only did he admit "guilt" on keeping 3 of them, as I read it, he committed "blasphemy" by saying he was going to be mowing with two of them... Mowing with something other than a Simplicity? Where's the rope? :D :D :D
I did mow with Wheel Horses for 8 years before I ever even bought a Simplicity Soveriegn type. I'll take a 48" wheel Horse deck any day over the Simplicity 48". BUT, The 42" Simplcity can't be beat....by anything. I mowed with a WHeel Horse 42" for one season and never liked the quality of cut. As far as the tractors go, I've restored many of both Wheel Horse and Simplicity/AC. I have the 417 WH and the 917 AC , both were top of the line in the year they came out for their respective manufacturers. Both use deep well decks, both use Sundstrand Hydro's and are both equipped with Hydro lifts running of the tranny. I like both , but for different reasons. I like the WHeel Horse because it is a tough machine that is alot easier to maintain and repair than the AC, and less expensive when it comes to repairs. Mostly because there is no bevel gear box to deal with. On a Wheel Horse the only two parts in the driveline to wear are the Belt and an idler pulley. They are actually built more "simple" than the Simplicity.You also have down pressure on center mount grader blades and front snowblades using either the hydro lift or manual lift. You don't get that on the AC. I also like the quick hitch system they use for their decks. Opposed twin engines seem to last longer in the layout Wheel Horse uses as opposed to Simplicity. Hydro lift cylinders on the later Wheel Horses are rebuildable, where as the Simplicity ones are not. These use sealed bearings in the front wheels that stay in the wheels when you take the front wheels off(if you know what I mean^) On the other hand, I like the AC because there is a whole lot more types of attachments available because of the bevel gear box design in the tractors. I also like the fact that you can use a wider spread of replacement engines in the 917 frame. With the Wheel Horse you are pretty much stuck with Kohlers of one shaft size. I give both models my thumbs up for this reason if nothing else: Wheel Horse tractors and attachments are basically the same as far as interchangability from 1973 to 2003. Simplicity has been about the same from 1973 to 2000. Both have a 30 year spread or better of attachments that will fit your tractor. I can't think of another manufacturer anywhere that can make that claim, or even come close to it. If AC, Simplicity, Homelite, Some Wards and Pennys tractors are all brothers, I would look at WHeel Horse as being perhaps a first cousin. You wouldn't hang family would ya?:D

mowerman1193
I also was a Wheel Horse fan before I bought a Simplicity.I have the 42in rear discharge deck on it and unless the blades are razor sharp it wont cut good.I used to have to sharpen every other mowing.Guess I need a 48in deck for that.Been looking for one locally for a good price but have not found it yet.And I like both brands for the same reasons Sam has said.They both have the good and bad points about them. Toro has been saying they will dicontinue the 300 series for some time now but I have not seen that yet.It might be coming soon now though.They came out with a new tractor this year and are advertizing that it will take all the older attachments(Something I wish Simplicity would have done with their new models).

quote:
Art, You can defend me in the impeachment trial....or stand trial with me
quote:
Not only did he admit "guilt" on keeping 3 of them, as I read it, he committed "blasphemy" by saying he was going to be mowing with two of them... Mowing with something other than a Simplicity?
1. My client admits NOTHING! And, did he say mowing or mooing, and even if he did mention mowing.... 2. It depends on what the meaning of the word mowing is. 3. Was he ever read his rights? I think NOT! 4. Furthermore, as President of the Club, Sam is immune to prosecution, as it would amount to Double Jeopardy. I submit that he is already serving time. 5. 3 or 4 WH's are almost as good as an AC.:D

Michcruiser60
Well if you've seen one (WH) you've seen em all.;) I've got one too...8) We all stray at times, Lord forgive us. Dad had a (I think) 318C 42" deck. Nice mower too. What is the one you have with the black hood, year? I've seen one other like it. Nice looking tractor. Different look to it.