Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 725 vs AC 712

IronPony

What kind of attachments do you have? A front or rear blade should go on it, and a plow, tiller, harrow, or cultivater should also fit on on it. I'm not sure about the deck,but it may fit on. I have a 712H and lots of the attachments will flip flop. Hope this helps.

Karl_Brandt
The mower deck from a 725 might hook on the tractor,but the Simplicity 725 & AC 712 pto for the mower is different.? The mid mount blade will work. Snowblowers drive with different belt setup. Karl

Thanks for the replies. Saw this guy on eBay that has a 725 in pieces and several attachments. So I thought if the attachments would fit and if they are in a lot better condition than the tractor, I might bid on it. The tractor is actually in two parts, front and rear separated at the bgb. Looks like it has been that way outside for a long time. Thanks again:) Dan

What attachments are you looking for? Is that the auction in wisconsin? I have some extra 42" mower decks and snowblowers.

The tillers I have been told don't interchange because of the cone clutch on the newer tractors, the mower deck won't fit because the adjusters are too close together because the 725 is a "foot-dragger" and doesn't have the wide steps the 712 has. Probably not worth it for you unless you want to make something of the 725, even then the $300 bid seems a little high for as rough as that stuff looks. Hope this helps. -Chris

I am only interested in the tiller and the snow blower. Looking for these "close to home". Depending on the price an overnight round trip would be the max distance away. I am about an hour east of Fargo, ND. i emailed the seller on eBay for more pictures of the blower and tiller but have not heard from him. Dan

I emailed that seller, the motor is stuck and the rest of the tractor looks like parts only. I have some decks from a Simplicity 728 don't know if they would fit.