Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity- Snapper TV Ad

Tom_Byrne

Watching tv today I saw an ad for Simplicity and Snapper tractors. They basically came out against big store box tractors and pushed thier quality dealers. The ad showed the two brands side by side at the dealership. Will we soon see Simplicity Dealers selling Snappers and vice versa??

I think one of the primary reasons that Simplicity bought Snapper was to get into the markets in the South and Southeast. I expect you'll see a pretty strong push on those Snapper dealers to pick up the Simplicity line.... Plus, Snapper doesn't offer a heavy-duty line, only lawn tractors. The Conquest, Prestige and Legacy would be a nice addition to that lineup.

Our local Simplicity dealer has them both on hand ,on display right now. He was a Simplicity\Snapper Dealer before Simplicity bought Snapper. Lottsa nice toys in there to look at! ken

So does this mean that Snapper is pulling out of WallyWorld now? IMHO they sure hurt their reputation when they put Snappers in at Wal-Mart. Larry

I went down to see Jeff Nemes today to pick up some parts. He said he heard they were making commercials but hadn't seen one. Also said he has heard nothing from the company about carrying Snapper products.

My local dealer was also a snapper dealer before selling Simplicity last yr.No more walmart i was told months ago for snapper.

Yea my dealer has not recieved any snappers nor does he want to. He would not tell me the reason. I was glad to see Simplicity advertise on the national market...

saw my first simplicity add just a little while ago:D was on like hgtv pictured a prestige and aome snapper model together was kind of funny but glad to see they are finally advertising.

My Simplicity dealer started handling Snappers last year and now I see Snapper, Cub Cadet, and lots of Massy Harris stuff and much less Simplicity. Bummer.

My Simplicity dealer no longer has them on display. Lots of Whites & other brands but no Simplicities. This does not bode well for Simplicity.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know about that last post. Here in sunny Fort Wayne, Indiana, we have 2 simplicity shops. In the next town east, there is a Simplicity dealer (New Haven), and in the town just North(Auburn), they have one too. I have found that people "in the know" have simplicities. If you drive around the Fort Wayne "burbs" there are Crapsman, Deere, MTD(All brands) but very few simplicities. Now, if you drive out to the country, it seems like there are 2 colors. Orange(Simplicity) and green(JD). I have even seen our Amish friends on Simplicities (but only for professional work). I have faith that those that know will keep knowing and those that will know because of association with better known(among the general public) brands. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

If you watched the Women Huskies of UConn kick booty in the NCAA Basketball tournament(again I might add, with only 1 loss in over two years) you may have seen some of the Simplicity/Snapper ads. I know I was pleasantly suprised at seeing the advertising....