Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
REM

Pulling sled question.

REM
Do any of you know how one could go about making a simple pulling sled or where I might obtain some plans for one. I am sure I could find some people in my area willing to give this a try with there stock garden tractors.It looks like a fun thing to do. It would also be interesting to see some pictures posted of the sleds that garden tractors pull. :)

ka9bxg
I am in the process of bulding a new pull sled for pedal tractors right now.It is a simple frame work using a chain to pull the weight up the ramp I used a# 47(light chain) chain but I know that you would have to use at least a # 40 chain.A friend of mine buldt one for modified garden tractors.He is using a car rear end going throught a transmission then a right angle gear box and a sprocket on the end. It is quite heavy and works good.If you want I can get some sizes for you.Let me know

pullcrazy
You might want to try just a simple "step-on" sled, a big flat plate of steel with a handle mounted waist high so people jumping on have something to hang on to. It's a real cheap and easy way for you and some friends to have a blast!

REM
This is all great. The step on sled is probably something I will try first with my friends. If we decide to go any further with it I now have the information to do that also. Thanks for all the excellent info.