Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

hi low pulley problems...again

Tom_Byrne

Rebuilt the hi-lo on my 2010 and bolted it on today. It seems the pulley is too worn- it wobbles a lot and the pulley is crooked with the tension on the belt. That's life; I took a chance on it.:I My question: I have a 717 Broadmoor junker that is currently buried. Would the pulley on that work on the 2010? I already placed an ad looking for a single speed pulley when I remembered the junker. THANX!:D

The pulleys on my AC 710 6-speed were slightly warped so I replaced the outer one (on the tranny) with a new one from Sandy Lake. They still seemed to be warped (but not as bad). The tractor still runs good so I will just keep running her. John H

Tom, The Broadmoor pulley is a different size. The input shaft is smaller and the pulley larger. The gears inside might interchange, but I'm not sure if anything else would. You could bore out the hole for the input shaft, but you'd also need to find a way to replace the pulley. Kirk (thedaddycat) has disassembled both types and compared them, perhaps he can shed more light on it.