Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
alanscott

Who manufactures the Husqvarna lawn tractors?

alanscott
A new feed and tack store just opened up a few miles from me, and today I saw a bunch of orange tractors out front. I was hoping we might finally have a Simplicity dealer, but they turned out to be Husqvarnas. Check out the specs from their webpage, that engine should rock! :D
quote:
Displacement 494 cu.inch
http://www.usa.husqvarna.com/node234.asp

Kent
Husqvarna is owned by Electrolux of Sweden, who also owns American Yard Products, which makes Craftsman tractors for Sears. Except for trim and options, many Husqvarnas have identical Craftsman equivalents.

JDSnyder
Kent, that's right. They operate in the U.S. under the name FHP which stands for Frigidaire Home Products. Now how's that, lawn tractors named after a refrigerator? The world of conglomerates is wierd. It looks to me like they have eaten into MTD's big box mass market a lot. Jeff Snyder

G.Kiebler
I WAS TALKING TO A MECHANIC ABOUT THOSE HUSKIES,HE SAID HE WOULD BUY ONE INSTEAD OF A SIMPLICITY,HE WORKS FOR A HARDWARE OUTFIT THAT SELLS BOTH. HE HAS SEEN FAR LESS TROUBLE FROM THE HUSKIE BRAND THAN OF THE SIMLICITY.I HOPE THAT ISN'T SO,I HAD A LOOK AT HIS LOT OF PENDING JOBS AND GUESS WHAT?,SIMPLICITY 3:1 TO HUSKIE.HE TOLD ME THAT THE SIMPLICITY'S HAVE BEEN PLAGUED WITH SPLINDLE BEARING TROUBLE,THAT SEEMED TO BE THE BIGGEST COMPLAINT.

stinkie
Husky makes some good chain saws, but I'm not sure about their lawn mowers. To me, all the new mowers are crap. Simplicities are pretty good (they also make MF's small tractors now), but I havent seen anything impressive in a long time. Look on Sim.'s web site: the only attachment they make besides mulchers and baggers is a rototiller. This really irks me. If you want a tractor worth squat, you have to get an old one or buy a small farm tractor..... stinkster

Hoss
That is correct FHP builds the Husky. They are another product out of the "Big Box" maunfacturer. 3 weeks ago FHP had their biggest day ever. They produced 4100 tractors in one day.That is all brands built that day not just Husky.That seems unreal,but let me tell you we can't make enough product to keep them going. We are running 2 shifts 12 hours per day just to keep the mufflers rollin'.It seems there most popular engine right now is the overhead valve Briggs 14 hp single. It must go on everything, Sears must be planning a big sale this spring.

Stoneheartfarm
quote:
Originally posted by Hoss
That is correct FHP builds the Husky.
Say it ain't so! The ads promise they are built by big strapping Swedes! Is there no truth in advertising? :D Steve